Top Reasons to Buy a Sensory Deprivation Tank
“Floating” has become increasingly popular over the years, but did you know it was now possible (for non-millionaires that is) to buy a sensory deprivation tank?
A sensory deprivation tank is a chamber that’s filled with water that’s saturated with salt, so you float like you’re on the Dead Sea. It’s why it’s also called a floatation tank, or floating.
The chamber is pitch-black so you can’t see anything even with your eyes wide open. With your ears under the water, you don’t hear much either. Hence the term sensory deprivation.
So why would you buy a tank like this to use at home? As it turns out, there are several very good reasons why you should consider picking one among the floatation tanks for sale:
- It’s utterly relaxing. This is the most obvious result of using a floatation tank. Using one for just an hour can feel like the ultimate vacation. You really get away from it all. You don’t see or hear anything, and you’re weightless so you don’t even get to feel your own weight. It’s an environment that can really help relieve stress and tension.Travelling can be very stressful, and there’s usually a lot you have to actually do and manage while on a ‘vacation.’ It can be very expensive as well. Thinking about the costs can add to your stress. Plus, many only take a vacation once a year or even less. You need to give yourself more time to yourself than that for balance.
- It can help alleviate anxiety.Many users report that it can seem like you’re leaving all your worries behind you when you use a sensory deprivation tank. It improves your mood, and afterwards the effect on your psyche lingers on. Many report a feeling of clarity and perspective, so that your worries don’t seem as overwhelming as you first thought.
- You may sleep better at night.This is an often reported side benefit of the stress relief you get when using a tank for floating. You’ll feel so utterly relaxed that when your regular bedtime comes you’ll be able to fall into sleep mode more quickly and naturally.
You can use it at night and then afterwards you can go directly to sleep. You won’t have to deal with the stress of the traffic when you go home from the spa.
- It can help with pain relief.The sensation of weightlessness plus the relaxing feeling you get can greatly alleviate your chronic pain and the aches of your injuries in many cases.
This is one of the reasons why it’s so popular among athletes, and it is becoming a favorite among the elderly as well. If you’re prone to aches and pains, then having this in your home can be a convenient form of treatment.
Many types of pain are caused by tight muscles due to stress. By floating, you can help the muscles loosen up with the sensation of weightlessness. All these can help with the pain, especially when it is partly psychosomatic. There are a number of types of pain that can literally be relaxed away.
- It helps boost your creativity.Are you searching for a good idea? Are you trying to find a solution to a workplace problem? Writer’s block? Your brain may become more effective in coming up with ideas and solutions because you don’t have any distractions while you’re using the tank. Your brain is freed up so it can investigate various possibilities you haven’t considered before.
- It may help to treat a very long list of serious conditions.You will greatly benefit from a floatation tank if you suffer from chronic pain, hypertension, rheumatoid arthritis, back pain, fibromyalgia, and migraines. At the very least, it can help manage the painful symptoms.
- It’s very easy to use.This is true if you get one of the better models. You won’t have much to do for maintenance and the process isn’t overly complicated. It’s very safe and the right model will last for a very long time.
- It can help you with your smartphone addiction.Too many of us stare at screens all day long. We use PC monitors at work, we fiddle with our smartphone all the time, and we also spend lots of hours staring at the TV.
- It’s now more affordable than ever.Before, it was simply impractical for most people to buy one of these things, simply because they’re so expensive. How much do float tanks cost? Most of these things cost at least $10,000, and some of the good ones can go up to $30,000. That’s why for most people, it made more sense to go to a spa and pay the typical $75 fee to use these things.
But now you can get a Zen Float Tent for less than $2,000. That’s the same amount you’ll pay for going to a spa every other day for 2 months. So after that, it’ll be like enjoying a session for free.
So how much does a float tank cost? With the right model, the cost is worth the repeated use. The floatation tank price of the Zen Float Tent for example, certainly costs much less than repeated regular trips to a tank in your city – IF you have access to one!